Have you come to call PAXnorth Church home?
We are always looking for folks to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. Some of these areas may require you to have journeyed with us for a while, go through one of our Gospel Journey sessions, or for you to be a member of a Discipleship Group, see details below:
If you’d like to get involved in one of the area’s below please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Set Up – This is a vital part of preparing our worship space. It requires a commitment to get to church early and stay a bit later at least once every six weeks. It takes someone who is willing to straighten, re-set, clean, and basically do anything that needs to be done in the PAXworship space to help create an atmosphere that will focus our attentions on worshipping God. A key part of set-up is praying for all those who will occupy the seats/kids space, and all those who participate in worship on a Sunday morning. This is a vital spiritual ministry to the Body of PAXnorth church. To get involved email email@example.com
- PAXmen/PAXwomen -If you’re new to PAXnorth Church one of the best ways to get involved and get to know the folks you sit next to on Sunday mornings is to plug into one of our upcoming PAXmen or PAXwomen events. The purpose of these events are simply to enjoy some fun together and get to know each other outside the context of Sunday church. Everyone is invite so grab a friend and get in on the fun each month!
- Souls Harbour – PAXnorth is housed in one of Halifax’s newest mission endeavour Soul’s Harbour Mission . Soul’s Harbour provides a safe environment to receive support, encouragement, counsel, food and other basic provisions that we all need in order to live together in community. Each day, Monday-Friday, from 1-4 the doors to the mission are open for a shelter from the cold, a hot meal, games, internet and good conversations! If you have one day a week or one day a month; If you are able to provide a meal or other resources. This is a GREAT place to meet the neighbourhood that surrounds PAXnorth. To get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grace Street Chapel – PAXnorth has been called to meet the needs of many of the forgotten and hurting with practical helps, as a means to show the truth of Christ’s love for our world. To do this we have come alongside of Chaplain Paul Holmes to offer support, provide encouragement and to help create a space on Gottingen Street for friendships, safety, Bible Study and more. Paul’s space is open every day, Monday- Thursday, from 10am until 2:30pm. If you are able to provide a healthy snack, some hang out time, etc we would love to get you plugged in. Email us at email@example.com
- Brunswick Street Mission – Time to clean out the closet? Able to provide help cooking, serving, clean up or a listening ear on Saturday morning over breakfast? Brunswick street mission would be a good place for you. Clothes can be donated Monday to Friday from 9:30- 3pm. On Saturday’s different churches from our community provide a breakfast, usually serving 70-85 people. Breakfast starts at 7am and ends at 9am. If you would like to know more drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PAXkids – We offer kid friendly care and teaching during PAXworship for ages 0-2 years in the nursery, ages 3-5 years in PAXtots, and ages 6-10 years in PAXkids. During the worship through music portion of our service the kids return to their parents so they can learn to worship together with the Church alongside their family. For those who have been at PAXnorth for a while, have been through Gospel J101 and are participating in a D-Group we would encourage you that this would be a great place for you to serve. Interested in job descriptions? Places our PAXkids teams need help? email@example.com
- Running and Reading Program – This is a great once a week, after school program that we host at Joseph Howe Elementary School . This program is a part of a nation wide effort to increase both the fitness and reading levels of kids in some of the most at risk schools in our country. The national organization is Start2Finish. Through local mentoring coaches we have been a part of starting three of these programs in HRM. We are looking for those who can commit a few hours on Wednesday’s from 3:00-5:15pm. Encourage and coach kids through some running, cross-training and active game time; Followed by a time of sitting with kids while they enjoy a healthy snack, fill out journals and as they grow in their love for reading. This program is very rewarding as you grow close to the kids you coach and as you witness both their fitness and reading achievements. Get involved by contacting us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Focus – Take advantage of these prayer opportunities.
7pm on Monday nights at PAXnorth [ this is a prayer focus for our church, our community and for each other].
7 am on Tuesday mornings meet in front of PAXnorth to ‘put feet to your prayer’ as we walk around and pray for our neighbourhood.